From: Erik Grinaker <erikg@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ebuild USE priority
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 17:32:04
1 Hi all
2
3 I'm making an ebuild here, and have run into a small "problem".
4
5 The ebuild is for the Unix Amiga Emulator, or uae for short. uae allows
6 you to select which backend to compile against during ./configure, and
7 you can choose *either* x, svgalib, ncurses or sdl.
8
9 If a user has, say, both X and svga in his USE variable, how do I
10 determine whether to use X or svgalib for backend?
11
12 According to what I believe is common sense I would prioritize them as
13 X, sdl, svga, ncurses - but is there a better way to do this, or do I
14 just go by feeling?
19 Erik Grinaker
20 Freelance UNIX/Linux systems consultant
21
22 "Perfection is acheived not when there is nothing more to add, but
23 rather when there is nothing more to take away"
24 - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry