From: "Peter Böhm" <peter.bo@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] making rust-bin ordered first in virtual/rust
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 10:30:16
1 Dear Developers,
2
3 I like your goal to make Gentoo more user-friendly but Gentoo is a source
4 based distribution and I dont like binary versions as a default. My question
5 is:
6
7 Who has problems with "big" packages like rust or firefox ?
8
9 Only User which doesnt know there is a binary version. So, in every case we
10 need to describe it in our AMD64 handbook.
11