From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Attracting developers (Re: Packages up for grabs...)
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 08:47:37
1 On 30 December 2012 00:13, Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2012-12-29 at 16:42 +0800, Ben de Groot wrote:
3 >> On 27 December 2012 00:39, Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> > Can we short cut the whole quiz process and have some "Inbound" repository
5 >> > until we're full git, which people can fork/commit/pull and trusted people
6 >> > can review submitted branches and apply them to CVS?
7 >>
8 >> This is why I started https://github.com/yngwin/proxy-maint/
9 >> Feel free to send pull requests my way. I have been very busy lately
10 >> with work, so I am a bit behind on my Gentoo stuff, but I should be back
11 >> in full swing soon.
14 > Not to sidetrack the topic farther, but isn't this best done in our
15 > github/gentoo account. It is one of the main reasons we have it, to
16 > easily accept pull requests from users. It would also make it easier
17 > for more devs to participate in a group proxy-maint repo.
18
19 I started this repo as a private initiative to deal with some of my
20 proxy maintainers. If other devs find it useful, I'm happy to move it
21 to the Gentoo organization account on github.
22
23 Another reason I didn't do that so far, is that I was told infra is
24 looking into setting up an integral solution to mirror our official
25 overlays on github. It's been a while though, so it would be nice to
26 hear some news on that. I find the github web interface a lot more
27 convenient that the one we have on git.overlays.gentoo.org, so I'm
28 rather anxious for us to start using github more.
31 Cheers,
32
33 Ben | yngwin
34 Gentoo developer
35 Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin