From: "Malte S. Stretz" <msquadrat.nospamplease@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bugzilla triage
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:12:13
1 On Wednesday 28 July 2004 12:23 CET Chris Bainbridge wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 28 July 2004 08:09, Tom Wesley wrote:
3 > > Is it useful to anyone for a user (ie, me) regularly query recently
4 > > added bugs and add comments like "This should not be blocker", "This is
5 > > not and enhancement" were they see fit?
6 > > I can't see that this would actually achieve a huge amount, as it would
7 > > simply generate mass emails without actually doing a lot of tidying of
8 > > bugzilla.
9 >
10 > Not that useful. If you're interested in categorising bugs apply for dev
11 > status and get the power to manipulate those fields yourself.
12
13 You don't even have to be a "real" dev. Just ask somebody with enough karma
14 (preferably somebody who already knows previous contributions of yours) if
15 he would increase your Bugzilla powers, and if you've got a good past
16 record you'll probably get what you need. At least that's how it worked
17 for me ;-)
18
19 Cheers,
20 Malte
23 [SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
24 <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>
25 [ESR] Eric S. Raymond: "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way"
26 <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list