From: Erik Grinaker <erikg@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] FAQ
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 15:35:55
1 On Mon, 2002-04-08 at 22:05, Michael Lang wrote:
2
3 > I wrote just such a install guide for installing from another
4 > distro...still waiting on it to go "live", but you can check it out at:
5 > http://www.gibberishcode.net/gentoo-web/xsl/build.html and see how much it
6 > parallels with what you did...it sounds like you did a few extra steps I
7 > didn't know about and thus didn't document.
8
9 Ah, nice - then I don't have to get my hands dirty ;)
10
11 The extra steps I did are very, very system-dependant (which services
12 are you running, how is the harddisk partitioned and many other things),
13 but your does seem to cover most of the things that such manouvers will
14 have in common.
18 Erik Grinaker
19 Freelance UNIX/Linux systems consultant
20
21 "Perfection is acheived not when there is nothing more to add, but
22 rather when there is nothing more to take away"
23 - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry