From: Philippe Coulonges <cphil@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] License Checking
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 00:17:28
1 Le Fri, 28 Nov 2003 20:53:46 +0000
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o> écrivait :
3
4 > On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 21:33:13 +0100 Philippe Coulonges
5 > <cphil@×××××.net> wrote:
6 > | > | Guys, you DO NOT want to open the can of worms that is grouping
7 > | > | licenses into categories. I made the mistake of creating the
8 > | > | "as-is" license and I'm sorry for it.
9 > | >
10 > | > No, that can be left for the FSF and OSI.
11 > |
12 > | OK. I understand that.
13 > | But we can still group FSF and OSI accepted licenses to help users
14 > | that want pure GNU/Gentoo, no ?
15 >
16 > Sure. Wasn't I the first person to suggest that, several thousand
17 > posts ago? :)
18
19 Sorry.
20 But you know, when a troll award winner like this thread happens, noone
21 can read all the posts and remember everything everyone says.
22
23 Any concrete, raisonnable and constructed proposal is certainly three
24 drinks behind now.
25 I checked the licences to try getting back to concrete and divert the
26 subject from the "Users want only free / Users don't care about
27 licenses" scheme.
28
29 To follow on the theme, I would say that since we have hundreds of
30 licences of which only about 50 have been checked by the FSF and/or OSI,
31 we could ask the FSF to pronounce on the others.
32
33 Alternative could be to shoot dead anybody trying to publish yet
34 another OSS license ;-)
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list