From: "Николай Антонов" <ostinru@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo package statistics -- GSoC 2011
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 17:36:16
On 08.06.2011 18:36, Vikraman wrote:
> Hi everyone, > > I'm working on the `Package statistics` project this year. Till now, I > have managed to write a client and server[0] to collect the following > information from hosts: > > * Uname, portage profile, timestamp of portage tree > * ARCH, CHOST, CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, FFLAGS, LDFLAGS, MAKEOPTS > * ACCEPT_KEYWORDS, FEATURES, USE, LANG, SYNC, GENTOO_MIRRORS > * Repository, Keyword, Useflags (plus,minus,unset), Counter, Size, > and Build time for each installed package >
May be collect hardware info & kernel configs too? For example cpuinfo, lspci and lsusb(?). I think, that after 1-3 month after installing gentoo, user can(should) "receive" newsitem about participating in `Package statistics` project. This newsitem can contains short instruction how-to install and configure this tool. And even in other gentoo projects(for example write short wiki page) And, where can I found ebuilds to the `Package statistics` project? Sory for my english... and Good luck!