From: "Николай Антонов" <ostinru@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo package statistics -- GSoC 2011
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 17:36:16
1 On 08.06.2011 18:36, Vikraman wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > I'm working on the `Package statistics` project this year. Till now, I
5 > have managed to write a client and server[0] to collect the following
6 > information from hosts:
7 >
8 > * Uname, portage profile, timestamp of portage tree
9 > * ARCH, CHOST, CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, FFLAGS, LDFLAGS, MAKEOPTS
10 > * ACCEPT_KEYWORDS, FEATURES, USE, LANG, SYNC, GENTOO_MIRRORS
11 > * Repository, Keyword, Useflags (plus,minus,unset), Counter, Size,
12 > and Build time for each installed package
15 May be collect hardware info & kernel configs too?
16 For example cpuinfo, lspci and lsusb(?).
17
18 I think, that after 1-3 month after installing gentoo, user can(should)
19 "receive" newsitem about participating in `Package statistics` project.
20 This newsitem can contains short instruction how-to install and
21 configure this tool. And even in other gentoo projects(for example write
22 short wiki page)
23
24 And, where can I found ebuilds to the `Package statistics` project?
25
26 Sory for my english... and Good luck!