From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tightly-coupled core distro [was: Council meeting summary for 3 April 2012]
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 22:37:27
1 On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 08:51:37PM +0200, Fabio Erculiani wrote:
2 > I foresee a new udev fork then.
3
4 Please feel free to do so, the code has been open since the first day I
5 created it.
6
7 Remember, forks are good, there's nothing wrong with them, I strongly
8 encourage people to do them if they wish to, it benefits everyone
9 involved.
10
11 > If udev is going to end up like avahi is, this is *highly* probable.
12
13 That's an odd transition...
14
15 > With "avahi is ..." I actually mean, one single tarball blob depending
16 > on the whole world and its solar system and galaxy.
17
18 Hyperbole, how nice :(
19
20 > Please stop throwing lennartware at people. FailAudio has been enough, thanks.
21
22 The use of these terms is both rude and totally uncalled for. You
23 should be ashamed of yourself.
24
25 Seriously, that's unacceptable behavior from anyone.
26
27 No one forces you to use any of this software if you do not want to.
28 There are lots of other operating systems out there, feel free to switch
29 to them if you do not like the way this one is working out, no one is
30 stopping you. But for you to disparage someone who has given immense
31 bodies of work to the community, and you, for free, is horrible behavior
32 and needs to stop right now.
33
34 greg k-h