From: Florian Schmaus <flow@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should we join the which hunt?
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 10:17:35
1 On 13/05/2022 09.11, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > So, should we join the "which hunt", with the goal of removing
3 > sys-apps/which from the system set and from stage1?
4
5 Yes, please. If there is a equally powerful bash builtin, and even a
6 POSIX shell function, that performs the same task as the external
7 command, than the shell builtins should be used.
8
9 Since ebuilds are bash, it seems safe to use "type -p" in them.
10
11 Would it be possible to add a QA check to portage that detects invalid
12 usages of 'which' and flags them to be replaced with "type -p"? I think
13 that would be a good first step.
14
15 - Flow