From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Make 'nls' use flag more generic
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 16:18:52
1 On Sunday 26 November 2006 16:46, Harald van Dijk wrote:
2 > It's using gettext? Maybe I'm just clueless (very well possible), but I
3 > was under the impression that KDE had its own internal language
4 > handling.
5 It uses gettext's format, with gettext's utilities for building the .po files
6 in .mo, and then uses its own internal copy of gettext's functions to load
7 them.
8 There's no way to turn off the KLocale support (of course), but it's still
9 gettext that's being used for the kde-i18n packages, as that is what have
10 been used to build the package.
11
12 So yes, it uses its own internal language handling _and_ it still uses
13 gettext. Same would apply if a package was using the Perl implementation or
14 the Ruby bindings.
17 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
18 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Sound, ALSA, PAM, KDE, CJK, Ruby ...