From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] udev and /usr
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 15:08:13
1 On 09/15/2011 07:33 AM, Joost Roeleveld wrote:
2 > The use for an initrd/initramfs/... will create an additional layer of
3 > complexity a lot of us users are not really waiting for, especially as we are
4 > not seeing any issues with our current systems.
5
6 Like it or not, it's the simplest possible solution if you want separate
7 /usr. The plan is to provide a minimal initramfs that won't contain any
8 modules, so it won't have to be rebuilt for each kernel. See the "/usr
9 vs. initramfs redux" thread:
10
11 http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_020fa80d72c84c5b587b90d8001264ef.xml
12 --