From: Rainer Groesslinger <rainer.groesslinger@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is there a process for marking ebuilds stable?
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 23:07:07
> The only real maintainer is carpaski for portage, most other packages are > worked on by more or less "Freelancers"... > Sure, many people are related to something, but you can't see who is the > maintainer of a certain package. > Just imagine...there are some packages where version 0.1 was submitted by > dev A, 0.2 by dev B and 0.2.1 by dev C and 0.3 again by dev B etc. > > Not, that this is bad at all, but it would be much better to have "real" > maintainers like almost every other distribution has, too.
A little addition about my use of "Freelancers" - I don't know how it's going on in the developer team, I just stated what it looks like from a user perspective ! Please devs, don't blame me for stating this, if that's not the case please correct me. Rainer Groesslinger -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list