From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Packages needing new maintainers
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 23:51:24
1 Hi Folks,
2
3 For various reasons, I've got a couple of packages that I'm not really
4 very well suited to maintain going on. I added them over the course of past
5 jobs and university courses, but I have no further need of them, and they
6 really could use people that actually use them.
7
8 This first batch deal with IPMI hardware. I used IPMI hardware in my last two
9 jobs, but in the present one, we don't use it, and the packages do need
10 maintenance with testing to make sure they actually work on the hardware.
11 sys-apps/ipmitool
12 sys-apps/ipmiutil
13 sys-libs/freeipmi
14 sys-libs/openipmi
15 sys-libs/openhpi
16
17 Again hardware related. You can deploy an iSCSI solution with just iscsitarget
18 and open-iscsi as a pair, but I have previously tried to test open-iscsi with a
19 hardware target, and iscsitarget with some other initiator (Windows or
20 Solaris).
21 sys-block/open-iscsi
22 sys-block/iscsi-initiator-core-tools
23 sys-block/iscsitarget
24
25 Again, hardware related, with an software implementation possible.
26 sys-block/aoetools
27 sys-block/vblade
28
29 Hardware, SCSI stuff dealing with enclosures and arrays:
30 sys-block/scsirastools
31
32 Hardware, SAS stuff (remote possibility I might come back for it if I get
33 hardware for it):
34 sys-block/smp_utils
35
36 Hardware, NUMA-capable boxes:
37 sys-process/numactl
38
39 Hardware, Fibre-Channel:
40 sys-apps/hbaapi
41 sys-block/qla-fc-firmware
42 sys-block/fwdl
43
44 Hardware, for tuning network cards. In new enough kernels (should be most of
45 2.6), this is obsoleted by mii-tools and ethtool:
46 sys-apps/nictools
47
48 Hardware, Firewire IEEE1394:
49 sys-apps/fwcrv
50 sys-block/endpoint
51
52 Hardware, flash disks:
53 sys-fs/mtd-utils (this was the replacement for sys-fs/mtd)
54
55 Software, QEMU frontend:
56 app-emulation/qenv
57
58 Hardware, programming PIC embedded microcontrollers (the herd might end up with
59 these, but somebody with the hardware to use them would be nice):
60 dev-embedded/icdprog
61 dev-embedded/pikdev
62 dev-embedded/xgpasm
63
64 Software, I picked up maintenance of autofs when the previous maintainer went
65 AWOL several years ago, and ran with it because I needed AutoFS-LDAP. I don't
66 have access to any AutoFS-LDAP setups anymore, and upstream has moved on. There
67 is a 7Kb init.d script that badly needs complete rewriting due to upstream and
68 kernel changes:
69 net-fs/autofs
70
71 Networking, Linux ethernet Bridging.
72 net-misc/bridge-utils
73
74 Networking, SCTP protocol.
75 net-misc/lksctp-tools
76
77 Networking, SLIP over file descriptors.
78 net-misc/vmnet
79
80 Networking, VLAN management for managed switches:
81 net-misc/vmpsd
82
83 Networking, admin tool for some networked printers and JetDirect-style adapter
84 boxes:
85 net-print/npadmin
86
87 Networking, modelling and predictive applications:
88 sys-apps/tcng
89 net-analyzer/nam
90 net-analyzer/ns
93 Robin Hugh Johnson
94 Gentoo Linux Developer & Council Member
95 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
96 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85