From: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Improve policy of stabilizations
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 14:18:08
Hi,

Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Arfrever@g.o>:

> Some packages have new releases more than once a month and sometimes > it's reasonable to not skip stabilization of any version. Given > version of a package is usually no longer tested by users after > release of a newer version, so I suggest the following change to the > policy of stabilizations: Stabilization of given version of a package > can be requested if this version has been in the tree for at least 10 > days and a newer version of this package has been added to the tree.
If you do that, you will see arch teams skip those stabilisations in a daily rhythm. Honestly, who should do that work? Having every minor release stable is a big nuisance for arch workers. V-Li -- Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode <URL:http://gentoo.faulhammer.org/>