From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tone in Gentoo
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 15:34:21
1 On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 8:28 PM, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 8:37 AM, Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o> wrote:
3 >> I was more or less told to fuck off if I don't like the tone.
4 >
5 > Please watch your language, this is a public mailing-list.
8 I think that now we've come full-circle, and rendered half the
9 original goals of this thread m00t.
10
11 And while I still have everyone's attention, I'd like to point out
12 that the tone of people on a small channel restricted to devs-only; a
13 place 90% of devs will never end up in, is not where I would start my
14 crusade.
15
16 If the participants of this discussion really want to make Gentoo a
17 gentler and nicer place to be, I would suggest that they start with
18 places that will actually make a difference. For example, gentoo-dev
19 ML, gentoo-project (where this discussion should have taken place),
20 gentoo-user, #gentoo-dev, #gentoo-soc (where a lot of our recruits
21 come from), #gentoo, the forums, the planet, etc.
22
23 No, really, flaming #gentoo-infra on the gentoo-dev mailing list is
24 silly, useless *and* ironic (in this case).
25
26 And to everyone who is getting very angry right now, please refrain[1].
29 1. They might even want to read this blog post someone made in a tiny
30 corner of the internet: http://is.gd/cVrxM
33 ~Nirbheek Chauhan
34
35 Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team