From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tone in Gentoo
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 15:34:21
On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 8:28 PM, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o> wrote:
I think that now we've come full-circle, and rendered half the original goals of this thread m00t. And while I still have everyone's attention, I'd like to point out that the tone of people on a small channel restricted to devs-only; a place 90% of devs will never end up in, is not where I would start my crusade. If the participants of this discussion really want to make Gentoo a gentler and nicer place to be, I would suggest that they start with places that will actually make a difference. For example, gentoo-dev ML, gentoo-project (where this discussion should have taken place), gentoo-user, #gentoo-dev, #gentoo-soc (where a lot of our recruits come from), #gentoo, the forums, the planet, etc. No, really, flaming #gentoo-infra on the gentoo-dev mailing list is silly, useless *and* ironic (in this case). And to everyone who is getting very angry right now, please refrain[1]. 1. They might even want to read this blog post someone made in a tiny corner of the internet: http://is.gd/cVrxM -- ~Nirbheek Chauhan Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team