From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Review: USE=libav news item
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 14:42:49
1 On 27/01/15 01:19, Gordon Pettey wrote:
2 > Chromaprint will work /differently/ depending on which is used. I added
3 > libav support to it, but the fingerprints are not the same as fingerprints
4 > generated when using ffmpeg. I've not gotten around to fixing that, so if
5 > such a list is being compiled it should be noted on the "don't arbitrarily
6 > switch between ffmpeg and libav if this tool is important to you" list.
9 chromaprint uses a coarse (and quick) resampler if I recall correctly
10 and that would lead to differences if the resampler used is different, I
11 never had the time to check if would be possible to set it to use a
12 specific resampler that would work in the same way.
13
14 lu