From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New USE_EXPAND flag for www-servers/monkeyd
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 13:23:41
1 Le mardi 28 mai 2013 à 22:18 +0200, Michał Górny a écrit :
2 > On Tue, 28 May 2013 15:22:04 -0400
3 > "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > I thought about ssl but I'm still not sure if USE=ssl means just openssl
6 > > or any ssl. Eg, with curl, which has a choice of one of six backend ssl
7 > > providers, I changed USE=ssl to mean that one and only one of the six
8 > > must be on. Previously though, USE=ssl in curl meant only openssl which
9 > > was confusing because you could also have USE=nss or gnutls etc provide
10 > > your ssl. monkey also bounced around its ssl backend from liana_ssl to
11 > > polarssl which is what made me think of curl. What if in the future
12 > > there's yet another ssl backend? Although use.desc does say ... "ssl -
13 > > Adds support for Secure Socket Layer connections". Any advice here?
14 >
15 > Any SSL. If there are multiple backends to support, there are specific
16 > flags which affect the choice but USE=ssl means any SSL is suitable.
19 Already explained multiple times on this mailing list, and not only for
20 ssl. Imho this should be part of some QA policy or documentation about
21 writing ebuilds or whatever and not just for ssl.
22
23 In any case, I wrote this down for the Gnome team at Gentoo wiki [1].
26 [1] http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gnome_Team_Policies#ssl
29 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
30 Gentoo