From: Christoph Junghans <ottxor@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should we list sys-apps/sed in DEPEND
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:16:47
1 2013/2/19 Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>:
2 > On Tue, 2013-02-19 at 14:10 +0100, Thomas Kahle wrote:
3 >> ... if it is used in the ebuild?
4 >>
5 >> It is a system package here on amd64, but is it everywhere?
6 >>
7 >> Cheers,
8 >> Thomas
11 > Only if the pkg is also a system package. I recently ran into a problem
12 > running a catalyst build because portage-utils did not list the xz-utils
13 > dep which was another system package. It failed to unpack because
14 > xz-utils was still waiting to be merged. I was running catalyst with
15 > --jobs=3.
16 That is what unpacker_src_uri_depends from unpacker.eclass is intended for.
17 DEPEND+=$(unpacker_src_uri_depends)
25 Christoph Junghans
26 http://dev.gentoo.org/~ottxor/