From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gcc 3.1
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 18:00:40
1 On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 21:37, Alex Walker wrote:
2 > On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 09:29:50PM +0200, MadCoder wrote:
3 > > > Cool. Keep posting stuff like that. I think the xfree problem is
4 > > > known issue. Not sure about qt.
5 > > for other packages, the problems i met are xfree, qt, procps,
6 > > pciutils, grub, gpm, gdb, cscope. (i didn't tried KDE because I
7 > > could'nt have X and QT... and I don't use gnome/gtk a lot)
8 >
9 > Yeah, KDE doesn't work because of a QT error, QT because of an xfree
10 > error...
11 >
12 > The big problem I have is having no makeinfo command, so I can't
13 > recompile util-linux, which means I can't stop my login command
14 > segfaulting/OOPsing... which means if my compuer decides to reboot or
15 > the power goes, I may have to re-install cos I won't be able to log-in.
16 >
17 > Anyway, that's coming in texinfo, so then I just need m4 so that
18 > auto{conf,make} will work.
19 >
20 > It's all a very good distraction from revision. If anyone wants to do
21 > any of the revision for me, please just pick a topic from
22 > http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~lad/DDB/ and then transfer the knowledge to me
23 > whilst I'm asleep tonight... thanks.
26 unmask sys-apps/pam-login, and try that for now.
30 Martin Schlemmer
31 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer
32 Cape Town, South Africa