From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] RESTRICT=parallel for builds that can't be executed in parallel
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 21:01:44
1 * Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> schrieb:
2
3 > I wonder if that case shouldn't be handled better with an huge ewarn so
4 > people concerned would really run it in a benchmark environment, alone.
5
6 ewarns should be circumvented (make it work w/o them), IMHO.
7
8 I can imagine I'm not the only person who doenst want to keep
9 an close eye on each single build/merge.
10
11 In this concrete example, the package's build system is misdesigned.
12 They shouldn't rely on runtime benchmarks for build time decisions
13 in the first place - this is unpredictable. But this is not an
14 issues distros should have to cope with.
17 cu
18 --
20 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
22 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
23 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
24 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
25 http://patches.metux.de/