From: Lars Kneschke <lars@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Stage 2 LiveCDRom build always fails
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 04:05:57
1 Hello developers!
2
3 I try to build livecdrom using catalyst, to show a gentoo based system on
4 Linuxtag here in germany. But it always fails and time is running away.
5
6 Can some one help me? Did someone ever get it working?
7
8 * Gentoo Linux Genkernel; Version 3.0.2a
9 * Compiling Linux Kernel 2.6.5-gentoo-r1-livecd for x86...
10
11 mount: permission denied
12 * WARNING: Failed to mount /boot!
13
14 * kernel: >> Running mrproper...
15 * config: Using config from /var/tmp/gentoo.config
16 * Previous config backed up to .config.bak
17 * >> Running oldconfig...
18 yes: standard output: Broken pipe
19 yes: write error
20 * kernel: >> Cleaning...
21 * >> Compiling 2.6.5-gentoo-r1-livecd bzImage...
22
23 .... compiling kernel and modules .....
24
25 * :: Size is at 3348K
26 * >> Creating loopback filesystem...
27 3348+0 records in
28 3348+0 records out
29 mount: permission denied
30 * ERROR: could not mount initrd filesystem
31
32 * -- End log... --
33
34 * Please consult /var/log/genkernel.log for more information and any
35 * errors that were reported above.
36
37 * Report any real genkernel bugs to bugs.gentoo.org and
38 * assign your bug to genkernel@g.o. Please include
39 * as much information as you can in your bug report; attaching
40 * /var/log/genkernel.log so that your issue can be dealt with effectively.
41 *
42 * DO NOT REPORT KERNEL COMPILE FAILURES AS GENKERNEL BUGS!
43 *
44
45 catalyst: runscript kernel build failed
46
47 catalyst: runscript aborting due to error.
50 hosted egroupware ==> http://www.officespot.de
55 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list