From: Oskari Pirhonen <xxc3ncoredxx@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "J. Pz" <toshokan@×××××××××.net>, "Bert Münnich" <ber.t@××××××.de>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] app-misc/physlock: Upstream repo archived
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 06:31:19
1 Hi,
2
3 I sent a pull request to upstream earlier this year to fix a PAM related
4 issue (see also: Gentoo bug #774729), but the repo has since been
5 archived [1]. Looking at the commit history, I see that there's only
6 been a single upstream commit since the beginning of 2020.
7
8 What is the proper procedure, if there is one, to reclaim a package with
9 a dead upstream? I use physlock on all my machines and have recommended
10 it to my friends as a solid screen locker and would very much like to
11 help keep it alive.
12
13 I would be willing to maintain a fork [2] as well as help maintain the
14 Gentoo package itself. I've already got a little bit of experience in
15 working with Portage by creating packages into my overlay [3].
16
17 [1]: https://github.com/muennich/physlock
18 [2]: https://github.com/xxc3nsoredxx/physlock
19 [3]: https://github.com/xxc3nsoredxx/unc3nsored
20
21 I've CC'ed the current proxy maintainer for app-misc/physlock as well as
22 the main upstream developer in case they have any input.
23
24 - Oskari