From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Making systemd more accessible to "normal" users
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 13:22:36
1 Am Sonntag, 19. Mai 2013, 14:59:21 schrieb Michael Mol:
2 > On 05/18/2013 03:23 PM, Carlos Silva wrote:
3 > > Is the real problem just the god damn unit/init files?! Damn, who cares
4 > > about 2KiB files in the age of GiBs?! You can install 1000 of them that
5 > > it will only take 2MiB of storage, so please, quit complaining about
6 > > this.
7 >
8 > Practically speaking, I think the problem is likely more about the inode
9 > usage than the physical size of the files. With today's huge disks, the
10 > problem does seem to be becoming the cost of metadata over the cost of
11 > the data itself. (Why else would we need sectors larger than 512 bytes?)
12
13 Then use a decent file system.
14 http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_3.8#head-372b38979138cf2006bd0114ae97f889f67ef46a
15 EOT