From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] debug USE flag misuse
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 18:14:11
On 6/30/10 5:09 PM, Diego E. 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
> Please check the linked documentation or my blog post[1] on the > matter if you want to understand the reasoning.
Could you rather add these guidelines to the QA project webpage? I wouldn't consider a blog post a documentation of a policy that people should follow.
> I'll be dropping the flag and its context from now on if I stumble > across it, without further warnings.
Please document it in a proper way before enforcing it. Also, a repoman check or portage check catching at least some of the misuses would be great. Paweł