From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sox install
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 19:51:34
1 Collins Richey wrote:
2 >
3 > FYI,
4 >
5 > package media-sound/sox requires sys-kernel/linux-extras, but it is not
6 > marked in the dependancies.
7
8 Do u have "alsa" in USE?
9 if that is the case I recommend you use the alsa modules for your sound
10 card because alot of sound packages will
11 rely on alsa.
12 You find all neccessary information for alsa drivers in the kernel doc
13 dir /usr/share/doc/linux-extras/INSTALL.gz or
14 /usr/share/doc/linux/INSTALL.gz. There is also a FAQ.gz.
15 If you don't use the devfs u should run the script I attached to this
16 mail.
17
18 BTW: I'm currently working on a new kernel package and I thank u for
19 your posts, this kernel will work alot of better.
20
21 bye achim~
22 >
23 > --