From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Early stabilisation
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:38:04
1 Vlastimil Babka wrote:
2 > Jeroen Roovers wrote:
3 >> On the other hand, maybe these early stabilisation bug reports are a
4 >> sign of the times and we need to shorten the normal thirty day period,
5 >> become even more of a cutting edge distro - or at least discuss the
6 >> options.
7 >
8 > I'd say leave the current norm and smack the misbehaving maintainers :)
9
10 ++
11
12 The whole point of stable is that it ISN'T completely cutting edge, and
13 30 days is hardly super-stale. If there is a pressing need to
14 accelerate we should do so, but otherwise I'd stick to the general
15 policy. Anybody who wants cutting edge can use ACCEPT_KEYWORDS as desired.
16 --
17 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list