From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Upcoming changes to hosting of Git repos on git.gentoo.org (NOT overlays.git.gentoo.org)
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 18:10:28
1 On 01/22/11 09:55, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > - On one hand, I would like user repositories to have a separate
3 > namespace, so that other users realize a given repo is NOT from a
4 > developer.
5
6 Seconding that.
9 > - On the other side, what do we do when a user with a repo becomes a
10 > developer (and when they retire?)
11
12 To avoid a move, you'd have to give away distinction. To be able to do
13 path-based distinction, you have to move on status updates. It seems
14 that you cannot have both at the same time.
18 Sebastian