From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: MythTV Project
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 20:47:14
1 As part of the general herd migration we decided to create a mythtv
2 project, keeping the same alias/etc. The project page is at:
3 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:MythTV and I'll be updating the
4 herd mapping shortly.
5
6 I don't forsee any bold new direction for the team, and we have yet to
7 elect a lead (perhaps we should see if anybody else joins up before
8 doing so). The team currently maintains mythtv and related
9 packages/utilities/etc.
10
11 If anybody from the wider community is interested in joining the team,
12 please feel free to add yourself to the wiki or contact me to be added
13 to the alias if you're unable to add yourself (ie you aren't a dev).
14 I acknowledge that we have a small but very interested following in
15 Gentoo, and my email filters of the upstream email lists often catch
16 emails that mention Gentoo.
17
18 Currently we try to maintain the latest stable branch, publishing new
19 fixes around monthly or on demand for big fixes. 0.27 has been very
20 quiet lately and has slowed down a bit as a result.
21
22 Contact me with questions/etc, and per GLEP 39 please feel free to
23 comment on the creation/scope of the project. We felt there was
24 enough focused interest to justify a project, even if right now it is
25 just cardoe and I maintaining a few packages.
28 Rich