From: Alexey Shvetsov <alexxy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage Git migration - clean cut or git-cvsserver
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 17:36:42
1 Rich Freeman писал 2012-05-23 20:32:
2 > On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Alexey Shvetsov <alexxy@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 >>
5 >> That isnt true =) you can commit from shallow clone  if and only if
6 >> original
7 >> repo doesnt have a branching and merging points before and after
8 >> shallow
9 >> clone point respectively
12 > Is that going to be a practical condition to maintain?
13 >
14 > And how big will the repository actually be? Are we talking a GB or
15 > two, or something orders of magnitude larger?
16 >
17 > Rich
20 Full clone will be about 1G or so but no more then 2. If we will drop
21 changelog it will be much smaller
24 Best Regards,
25 Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov
26 Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute, NRC Kurchatov Institute,
27 Gatchina, Russia
28 Department of Molecular and Radiation Biophysics
29 Gentoo Team Ru
30 Gentoo Linux Dev
31 mailto:alexxyum@×××××.com
32 mailto:alexxy@g.o