From: Zach Forrest <diatribe@××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /etc/profile
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 20:59:42
1 That was my understanding as well, but for some reason it doesn't do
2 that for me so I've had to add it to /etc/profile. (Maybe I installed
3 bash on the Wednesday before the last full moon between 5 and 6?)
6 Zach
7
8 jano wrote:
9
10 > I thought ~/.bash_profile was read without needing to source it directly in
11 > the /etc/profile; at least, that's the way it works for me. I also make the
12 > symbolic link, ~/.bashrc to the ~/.bash_profile, for su's and non
13 > shell-login xterms *shrug*
14 >
15 > jano
19 >>I noticed some discussion in November about /etc/profile, but it seems
20 >>to have trailed off. Are there any objections to adding the following?
21 >>
22 >>if [ -e "${HOME}/.bash_profile" ]; then
23 >> . ${HOME}/.bash_profile
24 >>fi
27 >>- Zach
31 >>gentoo-dev mailing list