From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: Martin Schipany <elcondor@××××××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge fails with strange error
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 19:35:15
1 begin quote
2 On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 10:48:43 +0200
3 Martin Schipany <elcondor@××××××××××××.net> wrote:
6 > since a few days I cannot upgrade my system:
10 try "emerge -u portage"
11 then emerge -pu world
12
13 //Spider
14 > ---
15 >
16 > PHIEPS root # emerge -pu world
17 >
18 > These are the packages that I would merge, in order.
19 >
20 > Calculating world dependencies /
21 > !!! Error: couldn't find match for || in sys-apps/baselayout-1.8.2
22 >
23 > ---
24 >
25 > what match for "||" is emerge looking for? how can I repair this,
26 > without losing the contents of the baselayout package?
27
28 its looking for the updated syntax for "or" dependencies
31 > +lg
34 //Spider
35 --
36 begin .signature
37 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
39 end