From: Jochen Maes <sejo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Ulrich Plate <plate@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New Dev: Diego Pettenò (Flameeyes)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 06:37:15
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Blue all,
8 Please welcome Flameeyes, Diego Pettenò, from italy to the team.
9 He's been a busy boy in the linux world so i'll let him talk for
10 himself here:
11
12 "I'm a KDE (extragear) devel so I know how to handle KDE-related
13 stuff such as installation paths and so on.
14 I'm also interested in fd.o standards such as location of icons
15 and desktop files, and for this I submitted many bugs on gentoo's
16 bugzilla in the last months.
17 I also wrote some articles on free software (in italian).
18 I also wrote some libraries to share code between some of
19 my projects, mainly involved in network stuff, tftp and snmp
20 over all.
21
22 One of the most used project I worked on was the lirc for
23 kernel 2.6 patchset, also if it was deprecated a lot of time
24 ago and now is no more usable.
25
26 I also contributed to some misc libraries (threading, xml
27 parsing and networking) from Giancarlo Niccolai, as I was
28 using them for an ultima online emulator project.
29
30 I was born and I'm living in Italy, in a land of nowhere near
31 (or not so near) Venice, with my parents and my cats.
32 I'm an university student at computer scienze department, and
33 my hobbies, other than computers, are books (mainly fantasy,
34 my favourite is Soulforge by Margaret Weis) and japanese anime
35 (I'm a Neon Genesis Evangelion addicted ;) ).
36 I take some temporary jobs to pay bills (and hardware :) )
37 but my "dream" is to find a place to work as a sysadmin
38 (maybe using gentoo linux).
39 When I'm not programming, reading or studying, I'm probably
40 involved in a bricolage of some kind here at home: the only
41 other thing which makes me feel well as my keyboard is my
42 electric screwdriver."
45 please welcome him to the team!
46
47 Jochen
48
49 - --
50 "Defer no time, delays have dangerous ends"
51
52 Jochen Maes
53 Gentoo Linux
54 http://dev.gentoo.org/~sejo/