From: Rufiao Valhacouto <rufiao@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] More suggestions for USE
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 10:49:43
1 I'd be useful if each ebuild could provide some queries to specify which
2 USE flags a given package can use, and give some explanations about what
3 are the end results of using each flag. Also, some kind of 'suggested'
4 USE flags could be implemented, possibly using some dynamic
5 configuration hints (eg. if the ebuild detects there is gnome installed,
6 it can suggest the gnome flag).
7
8 I've seen some proposals for implementing a more effective way to
9 maintain the USE flags for each package, and it seems for me this is a
10 must. Anyway, it would be nice if emerge/ebuild could record the USE
11 flags used in the build process for each package to help in the track of
12 how everything was compiled.