From: Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Google SOC 2008
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:22:16
1 On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:21:58 +0100, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 > I'm not sure how far OpenRC actually can
4 > deal with unprivileged installs, so that are just things we have to find
5 > out along the way.
6
7 Provided you have permissions to start the configured programs, then it's
8 fine.
9 OpenRC now supports PREFIX=/home/roy/foo and PKG_PREFIX=/home/roy/bar.
10
11 PREFIX is where OpenRC installs to (also respects DESTDIR).
12 PKG_PREFIX is where packages install to if different.
13
14 So the only thing left (aside from bug fixing) is to instruct OpenRC
15 dependency
16 code that it's in a prefix and to respect the noprefix keyword in services,
17 or
18 to provide dummy services.
19
20 Thanks