From: "Marius Brüggemann" <marius1000@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] abort building
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 11:54:58
1 > On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 07:12:32PM +0200, Marius Brüggemann wrote:
2 > > Building rc6-r3 aborts during bootstrap/kernel/kernel-headers...
3 > >
4 > > error:
5 > >
6 > > ./configure : scripts/linuxver : No such file or directory
7 > > ./configure : scripts/lvmver : No such file or directory
8 > > ./configure : scripts/iopver : No such file or directory
9 > > Unable to determine IOP version ..... configure failed
10 > >
11 > > Anyone can help me, or has the same prob???
12 >
13 > This is because the LVM build currently depends upon perl, which is not in
14 > the build system currently. I am working on getting the perls scripts
15 > converted to bash, and linuxver, lvmver, and iopver are now patched in the
16 > CVS portage tree. There are still the LVM patch generation scripts to
17 > convert however...
20 So do you know, when I can continue my installation?? Can you write post me
21 a message or so?? ;)
22
23 Marius
26 GMX - Die Kommunikationsplattform im Internet.
27 http://www.gmx.net