From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Cross Post due to technical component - Thanks for all the fish
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 21:15:34
1 On 12/10/2016 01:12 AM, A. Wilcox wrote:
2 >
3 > So for one example, at Adélie we are focusing hard on the musl libc.
4 > At some point in the future, when we have things looking good, we can
5 > contribute that back to the official Gentoo musl overlay. Ideally,
6 > that would be the main Gentoo package tree... but at least the overlay.
7 >
8 > We have also packaged some great open fonts that we've found. We can
9 > easily send our ebuilds to Gentoo's media team and they could put it
10 > right in to the tree. (Right now, I'm still working out the best ways
11 > to use the fonts eclass... hence there is no upstreaming yet.)
12
13 The quizzes are probably a little heavy on Gentoo politics if that isn't
14 your main concern, but working primarily on another distribution doesn't
15 preclude one from becoming a Gentoo developer =)