From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving more arches to dev profiles
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 19:04:22
1 On 21 August 2013 19:28, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Instead of dropping them entirely to ~arch, maybe something in between
4 > could be done: Said arches could start moving to ~arch the leaf and
5 > less important packages. E.g. we have (had?) a lot of sparc keywords on
6 > sound packages or ppc keywords on ocaml ones because at some point
7 > (~10 years ago) some dev was interested in these on this architecture
8 > but I'm pretty sure nobody uses them.
9 >
10 > In short: Reduce stable coverage to reduce the workload.
11 >
12 > Also, from what I've seen in the thread, you are talking about keywords
13 > only, right ? Do these arches keep their stable mark in profiles.desc?
16 I am not familiar with portage internals to understand what
17 implications will an ~arch only architecture have if marked as stable.
18 Is there a good reason for that?
21 Regards,
22 Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
23 http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang