From: Thomas de Grenier de Latour <degrenier@×××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE Flags
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:07:11
On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 14:00:28 +0100
Marius Mauch <genone@g.o> wrote:

> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 13:38:53 +0100 > Fabian Zeindl <fabian.zeindl@×××.at> wrote: > > > Hi > > > > I startet a discussion a time ago about new use flag > > explanations in ebuilds: > > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.portage.devel/618 > > > > Can anyone tell me whether this is going to be implemented? > > As I said, this has to be done in metadata.xml (and not in > ebuilds) and so far the DTD isn't changed. Paul, any news on > this?
I've put a possible implementation on bug #84884, which doesn't uses metadata.xml, but instead extends use.local.desc semantics (meaning that it's no more only for flags that are not global, but also to override global descriptions on a per-package basis). The advantage of this approach is that it's simple, both to implement and to use. -- TGL. -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list