From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Andrew D Kirch <trelane@×××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Preparing profiles for EAPI 3 IUSE strictness
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 06:27:22
1 On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 02:08:01AM -0400, Andrew D Kirch wrote:
2 > Ciaran,
3 >
4 > I've talked with the pkgcore people and they don't use the EAPI's (or
5 > PMS) in the first place.
6
7 No clue who you talked to, but they weren't speaking for pkgcore- I
8 speak for pkgcore pretty much solely. Pkgcore utilizes EAPIs- hell I
9 added the original support to portage. Not sure what info you got
10 fed, but it was a bit off.
11
12 > I think that ending this discussion here and moving it over to a forum
13 > more appropriate to package manager development would reduce the
14 > temperature around your proposals and get them implemented (as Zac seems
15 > willing to do so).
16
17 I don't particularly care one way or another (subscribed to both
18 MLs), just mostly correcting one large misstatement...
19
20 ~harring