From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Andrew D Kirch <trelane@×××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Preparing profiles for EAPI 3 IUSE strictness
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 06:27:22
On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 02:08:01AM -0400, Andrew D Kirch wrote:
> Ciaran, > > I've talked with the pkgcore people and they don't use the EAPI's (or > PMS) in the first place.
No clue who you talked to, but they weren't speaking for pkgcore- I speak for pkgcore pretty much solely. Pkgcore utilizes EAPIs- hell I added the original support to portage. Not sure what info you got fed, but it was a bit off.
> I think that ending this discussion here and moving it over to a forum > more appropriate to package manager development would reduce the > temperature around your proposals and get them implemented (as Zac seems > willing to do so).
I don't particularly care one way or another (subscribed to both MLs), just mostly correcting one large misstatement... ~harring