From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: David Nellans <dnellans@×××××××.edu>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2.2 kernels under gentoo
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:46:06
1 On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 15:26, David Nellans wrote:
2 > i made an attempt to use a 2.2 kernel gentoo system as described in the
3 > install faq, and also attempted to drop a 2.2 kernel into a machine thats
4 > been running gentoo for almost a year now.
5 >
6 > in both cases the kernel will boot but when INIT loads it returns
7 > Fatal: kernel to old and hangs hard. I can't find any references to
8 > kernel versioning being a problem in the util-linux changelogs so i'm
9 > wondering if this is actually more of a problem with the gentoo
10 > init-scripts that is only appearing as a problem with INIT?
11
12 I know it used to work, but I haven't tried it in a good long time.
13 What flags did you pass to the kernel?
14
15 Please do post a bug on bugs.gentoo.org if you haven't done so already.
16
17 -g2boojum-