From: "Tony \\\"Chainsaw\\\" Vroon" <chainsaw@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Policy for late/slow stabilizations
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 18:40:45
1 On Sun, 2010-06-27 at 17:45 +0200, Patrick Lauer wrote:
2 > If possible I think we should try to keep stable keywords. So how can we
3 > help? I'm not sure how I could help e.g. PPC - I don't have any hardware
4 > I can test on, and I'm not aware of remotely accessible dev boxen.
5
6 There are options, an older Playstation III with a faulty Blu-Ray drive
7 is still usable as a PPC64 (32UL) test box. For developers that actively
8 want to help, perhaps the arch teams can recommend hardware that is
9 relatively easy to acquire and guaranteed to be supported/stable from a
10 kernel point of view.
11 I've done my best to supply an example.
12
13 Regards,
14 Tony V.