From: Matti Bickel <mabi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: On hosting self-produced distfiles
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 19:29:52
1 First, thanks for pointing this out.
2
3 On 01/20/2011 07:51 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
4 > License compliance when distributing binaries;
5
6 Not sure what you mean: if someone quickpkg's php and needs all the
7 source? Well, they already downloaded them. Better keep them around,
8 since it's *your* binary, not mine.
9
10 > distributions built upon Gentoo that might use old and set-in-stone
11 > Portage trees;
12
13 Same thing, as already pointed out in another message. I see the point
14 in making it easier for them. That's okay. So what you're saying is
15 we're upstream too and upstream's should provide their historical stuff.
16
17 > security issues that might be reported and needs to be
18 > investigated, ...
19
20 If you're reporting a security issue in a ebuild that's no longer in
21 tree (in php's case, chances are it got removed b/c of security :p), the
22 bug wouldn't be investigated, right?