From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Feature request: package.use.stable.mask and package.use.stable.force
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 18:05:01
1 Am Freitag 27 April 2012, 16:31:10 schrieb Ian Stakenvicius:
2
3 > > Where this would (have been|be) useful: * we had for a long time
4 > > different revisions of subversion with/without kde useflag *
5 > > cups-1.4 had the infamous libusb backend triggered by USE=usb *
6 > > cups-1.5 has optional systemd support via a systemd useflag, which
7 > > pulls in non-stabilized systemd as dependency...
8 >
9 > I'm not sure that I'm following the cups examples here. For cups-1.5
10 > even if it were stable, if someone actually wanted to use systemd on
11 > their system and unmasked/keyworded it (while running stable
12 > everything else) I don't see why this would be an issue that would
13 > need this new masking feature (unless IUSE="+systemd", which probably
14 > shouldn't be the case anyways).
15
16 The point is that as it is now cups(-1.5.2-r20) could not be stabilized
17 without a stable systemd, because systemd is a dependency (optional on useflag
18 systemd).
22 Andreas K. Huettel
23 Gentoo Linux developer
24 dilfridge@g.o