From: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Call for Java devs
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:48:58

Greetings,

The Gentoo Java team is looking for 2-4 new developers.  Possibly more
later on.

Ideally, developers will have ~3 years of Java programming experience,
particularly with commercial environments running servlet engines and the
Apache/Jakarta libraries and packages.  Much of the current effort is
going to be put into improving Gentoo as a platform for Java services.

We need the usual assistance with expanding the # of packages available in
the tree, and keeping the ones we have current, tested, polished.

Developers are also needed to test & maintain our Java packages running on
sparc and ppc... and also more "experimental" archs such as alpha, arm and
mips.

We are also working towards support for a GNU JDK, specifically supporting
GCJ-compiled native code.  Matthew Kennedy (mkennedy) is taking lead on
that piece and we'd like to have some additional help getting the GNU JDK
worked into java-config.

If any of these tasks interest you, and you'd like to help out, please mail
recruiters@g.o, and cc: absinthe@g.o.

Or stop in #gentoo-java on Freenode (which was created today) and say
hello.  I'll be around after 4PM EST (GMT-5).

Cheers,
Dylan Carlson

Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x708E165F
Key fingerprint = 3AEA DE38 FE42 15A6 C0E2 730E 3D04 BCC1 708E 165F