From: Joe Peterson <lavajoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI)
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 16:42:38
1 Assuming that the file extension must change to prevent current PMs from
2 trying to parse new format ebuilds (and not require waiting a year or
3 more), I'd be a lot happier seeing it change *once* to a new fixed
4 extension, with the requirement that the new ebuilds are required to
5 contain within them them EAPI. This should future-proof the system.
6
7 Preferably, shorten the extension and make a new standard. I noticed
8 that ".eb" seems to be unused
9 --
10 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list