From: Robert Buchholz <rbu@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Handling Launchpad SRC_URI
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 12:18:56
1 On Sunday 25 January 2009, Josh Saddler wrote:
2 > Right now, there's no canonical (heh) way of handling SRC_URI for
3 > projects that have their files at launchpad.net. We need a standard
4 > way of handling Launchpad SRC_URIs, similar to what we do with
5 > mirror://sourceforge/ SRC_URIs.
6 >
7 > 1. Some packages use the launchpadlibrarian.net download redirect,
8 > which results in a non-helpful server-generated number:
9 >
10 > (gnome-catalog)
11 > SRC_URI="http://launchpadlibrarian.net/11326737/${PN}_${PV}.orig.tar.
12 >gz
13
14 ^^ This just uses launchpad since the file has been removed upstream and
15 Ubuntu happens to archive their source files there. You could just as
16 well use this link:
17 http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2008/01/19/debian/pool/main/g/gnomecatalog/gnomecatalog_0.3.3.orig.tar.gz
18
19 or bump to the latest upstream version (and use the sf.net mirror).
20
21 > 2. Some hack up interesting MY_P stuff:
22 >
23 > (gnome-do-plugins)
24 > MY_PN="do-plugins"
25 > PVC=$(get_version_component_range 1-2)
26 > PVC2=$(get_version_component_range 1-3)
27 > SRC_URI="https://launchpad.net/${MY_PN}/${PVC}/${PVC2}/+download/${P}
28 >.tar.gz"
29 >
30 > (avant-window-navigator-extras)
31 > MY_P="awn-extras-applets-${PV}"
32 > SRC_URI="https://launchpad.net/awn-extras/${PV%.*}/${PV}/+download/${
33 >MY_P}.tar.gz"
34 >
35 > The AWN-extras ebuild is the closest to the "right" way of doing it,
36 > I think.
37 >
38 > So can we agree on a standard way of treating Launchpad SRC_URIs and
39 > get the handler support into Portage?
40
41 I haven't seen the inside of administrating a project in Launchpad yet,
42 but that version part ("${PV%.*}") seems to be an arbitrary string, and
43 there are quite a few examples where this URL handler does not work:
44 * https://launchpad.net/tangocms/+download
45 * https://launchpad.net/terminator/+download
46 * https://launchpad.net/get-you/+download
47 * https://launchpad.net/do-plugins/+download
48 [ this is the second package mentioned above, even here some of the
49 links would not work with the proposed solution ]
52 Robert