From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Last rites: www-client/chromium-bin
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 10:42:19
1 On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 5:21 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > It seems you correct the first time.
3 >
4 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tmpfs
5 >
6 > I found the same examples in other paces as well.  One is in the mount man
7 > page.
8
9 While this is drifting off-topic this is not the case. You can limit
10 the size of a tmpfs, but you can't limit the amount of physical RAM
11 that it uses (other than its size limit). At least, not using
12 anything in either of those sources.
13
14 When building chromium limiting the tmpfs size isn't a very practical
15 solution... At least, not until that contrib directory doesn't have
16 half a gig of stuff already on my system BEFORE I compile it.