From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bugzilla - New Default Status Workflow
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 13:51:42
1 On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 7:09 PM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Sun, 6 Mar 2011, Christian Ruppert wrote:
3 >
4 >> This will convert the status of all bugs using the following
5 >> system:
6 >
7 >>   "NEW" will become "CONFIRMED"
8 >
9 > Weird. How can a newly added bug be "CONFIRMED", unless someone has
10 > taken some action to confirm it?
11 >
12 >> This change will be immediate. The history of each bug will also be
13 >> changed so that it appears that these statuses were always in
14 >> existence.
15 >
16 > So all bugs currently marked as "NEW" or "REOPENED" will change their
17 > status to "CONFIRMED"? That doesn't look right to me. Would that
18 > status change be visible in the bug's history?
19 >
20 >> So, do we want the new workflow or do we want to keep the old?
21 >
22 > If the new workflow implies such status changes on existing bugs, then
23 > keep the old one please.
26 The link to the docs which idl0r gave says that it's optional to
27 convert existing status changes. They gave a perl script to do the
28 conversion.
32 ~Nirbheek Chauhan
33
34 Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team