From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Git conversions of gentoo-x86 and gentoo CVS repositories
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 17:38:47
1 As some of you may already know, I have worked on a new conversion
2 of the Gentoo ebuild repository (aka gentoo-x86 in CVS) to Git, using
3 cvs-fast-export. This is now available on Gentoo infrastructure:
4
5 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/archive/repo/gentoo-2.git/
6
7 A description of the conversion process can be found in the
8 gentoo-x86-conversion branch of my developer repo:
9 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/dev/ulm.git/tree/?h=gentoo-x86-conversion
10
11 The previous conversion (by rich0) is still available in
12 repo/gentoo/historical.git. It has been suggested to move it to
13 archive/repo/gentoo-1.git so the two conversions would in the same
14 category. The only problem I see with a move is that people have the
15 old location as a remote. Then again, there should be no reason to pull
16 from that repo after the initial clone.
17
18 I have also converted the gentoo CVS repository (i.e. former website,
19 patchsets, and random other stuff). It can be found here:
20
21 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/archive/proj/gentoo.git/