From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tinderboxing efforts in Gentoo
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2016 22:44:40
1 On Sunday, December 4, 2016 2:15:59 PM EST Alec Warner wrote:
2 > On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 10:33 PM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o>
3 > >
4 > > Flameeyes donated his tinderbox hardware, but it's still sitting at
5 > > antarus's desk in Mountain View, waiting for him to ship it to OSUOSL
6 > > (hopefully before it's even more obsolete).
7 > >
8 > > It's not a matter of cost even, it's just waiting for him to physically
9 > > take the hardware to somewhere that ships it.
10 >
11 > It is in fact, still chillin' next to my desk at work.
12
13 Why reply and not just go ship it? Can even print labels from your chair.
14 Could even schedule a FedEx/USPS/UPS pickup and they will come get it...
15
16 I imagine this will get shipped this week, hopefully!
17
18 P.S.
19 Could also look to move to more cloud type usage, and less physical servers.
20 Less to deal with physically. Would think long term that be more ideal. Not
21 sure Gentoo has the need to be on metal.
24 William L. Thomson Jr.